Question: What information should I get from the other driver(s) if I am involved in an accident?
Answer: Always try to get their plates right away in case they decide to flee.  Then, request the drivers’ names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance company information including the company’s name, agent, and phone number.
Question: When must an accident be reported?
Answer: If an accident meets any of the following three criteria, it is a “reportable accident” and the MV4000 (accident report) must be completed by the investigating agency.
1. Injury or fatality of a person.
2. Total damage to one person’s property to an apparent extent of $1,000 or more.
3. Damage to government owned property to an apparent extent of $200 or more, except government owned vehicles, which are $1,000.
Question: How long can a car park on the street without being moved?
Answer: In the Town of Madison, a legally parked vehicle can remain there for 48hours without being moved or cited.
Question: Will the Town of Madison tow abandoned vehicles off of private property?
Answer: No, but we will issue a citation if the situation deems appropriate.
Question: What are the curfew hours in the Town of Madison?
Answer: According to Town ordinance 9-5-1(a) any juvenile under age sixteen (16) shall not be in a public place between the hours of 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. unless accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian.
Question: Can I get my fingerprints taken at the Town of Madison Police Department?
Answer: The Town of Madison Police Department currently does not offer this service.
Question: How do I pay for a ticket?
Answer: You can pay your parking, traffic or municipal ordinance citation by mailing it to the Town of Madison Municipal Court, 2120 Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, WI. 53713.

You may also stop in to the Town of Madison Town Hall and pay for your parking, traffic or municipal citation in person.  You may call the Clerk of Court at 210-7263.

Question: When do I call 911?
Answer: Please see the following pamphlet. ( 911 Brochure )
Also see the Dane County Communications Center website.
Question: How do I get an Accident report or other police report?
Answer: Call our records office at 608-210-7262.
Question: How can I get a copy of my driving record?
Answer: The Town of Madison Police will not provide you with a copy of your driving record or advise you what your driving record reveals.  You may obtain a copy from the WI Department of Transportation.  Please go to the WI DOT website athttp://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/enforce/other.htm for more information.
Question: How can I get a copy of my criminal history?

The Town of Madison Police Department will provide you with a contact history for OUR agency; this is not a criminal history.  You may obtain your WI Criminal History from the following website https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/background-check-criminal-history-information.