The Town of Madison Police Department is seeking qualified police officers for part-time employment. To qualify you must have a minimum of 3 years full-time law enforcement experience or 6,000 hours of part-time experience. Recently retired law enforcement officers are encouraged to apply.
- U.S. citizen
- 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED or HSED
- 60 college credits
- No felony or domestic abuse convictions
- 3 years full-time law enforcement experience or 6,000 hours of part-time experience.
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition (must be able to be certified by a medical professional to be able to complete the duties of a police officer)
- Good verbal and written skills
- Clear and concise speech
- Must be able to work well with others and alone
- Starting hourly salary is $27.78 per hour (2018 contract)
- You chose the hours you want to work after training
- Uniforms provided
The only application that will be accepted is the DJ-LE-330 with section 6 completed. Applications must be received no later than May 30, 2018 at 9:00. They may be mailed to Town of Madison PD, Attn: Chief Gregory, 2120 Fish Hatchery Road, Madison, WI 53713 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be required to pass a written test, multiple oral interviews, psychological profile, medical examination, and drug screening.